8/26/2005

RAP TO PROSE #1

RAP TO PROSE #1

Recently my life got all flipped and turned upside down. I was born and raised in a town in West Philadelphia. Most of my time was spent on the playground just doing stuff like chilling out, relaxing all cool, maxing. On one particular day I was playing basketball outside of my school and two guys came up to me, they were clearly looking for trouble. I heard about these guys making trouble all over the neighborhood and I wanted to do something about it. I stood up to them and we got into a little skirmish. When I got home my mom was so scared that she told me that I was going to go live with my aunt and uncle out in California. I guess it was something she was thinking about for a long time but this little fight was the straw that broke the camels back.

I didn’t want to go and leave my roots behind. I like where I come from. She wouldn’t listen. She packed my suitcase and basically sent me on my way. I remember when I got into the cab that the license plate said something like “fresh,” or “flash” and there were fluffy dice hanging from the rearview mirror. It was pretty cool, I don’t remember seeing many cabs like that. Anyway, it was kind of funny cause I told the cab driver to take me to California forgetting that he was only taking me to the airport.

I finally got to my aunt and uncles at around 7 or 8 west coast time. I was relieved to get out because that cab smelled really bad. I think it was the driver. The house was amazing. It was like a huge mansion. I kind of felt like this was my new kingdom. Like I was going to go inside and sit on a throne or something. I was glad to finally be there. It felt ok. Like a new start. I was feeling kind of like a prince.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?